Privacy & Policy
Information on the collection of personal data and provider identification
In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data in the use of the website www.medzig.com. Personal data means all data that can be related to you personally, i.e. for example name, address, e-mail address and user behaviour.
The service provider under § 13 of the German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz - TMG) and the party responsible in accordance with § 3 (7) of the German Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz - BDSG) is MedZig GmbH, Dorfbauerschaft 8, 48317 Drensteinfurt; see our masthead pursuant hereto.
Rights to information and revocation
- You have the right to demand information from us at any and all times regarding the data saved by us on you as well as its origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom this data is passed on and the purpose of storage.
- If you have issued consent to use of data, you may revoke it at any time.
- Please send all requests and enquiries for information or objections to data processing by e-mail to email@example.com or to the address stated under § 1 (2).
- We take up-to-date technical steps to guarantee data security, in particular to protect your personal data from dangers involved in data transmission as well as against third parties becoming aware of such. These steps are respectively modified to conform with the state of the art in technology.
- We strictly comply with HIPAA legislation. Only respective customers of MedZig.com have access to their medical profiles. These are securely encrypted in the system without omission. The only way to decrypt them is by using the password of the customer.
Collection of personal data when using such for informational purposes
- When merely using the website for informational purposes, i.e. when you do not log in, register for use of the website or transmit any other information to us, we do not collect any personal data with the exception of data that your browser transmits in order to enable you to visit the website. In particular, this data is:
- the IP address
- the date and time of the enquiry
- the difference in time zone relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- the content of the request (specific site)
- access status/HTTP status code
- the respective quantity of data transmitted
- the website from which the request comes
- the browser
- the operating system and its interface
- the language and version of the browser software.
Cookies are furthermore stored on your computer when you use the website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard disk according to the browser you use which allow the party which places the cookie (in this case ourselves) to be sent certain information. Cookies cannot execute any program or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose of making Internet services more user-friendly and more effective on the whole.
- transient cookies (temporary use)
- persistent cookies (use for a limited time)
- third-party cookies (from third-party providers)
- flash cookies (permanent use).
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These save a so-called session ID with which the various enquiries by your browser are able to identify the joint meeting. In this manner, your computer can be recognised again when you return to the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted in accordance with a stipulated period of time, which may differ depending upon the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
You can configure your browser settings as you desire and for example reject acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We note, however, that you then may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
If you do not reject acceptance of third-party cookies, we shall perform an analysis of the use of the website through google analytics. If you do not agree to the saving and analysis of your data from your visit, you can object to such saving and use at any time with an ensuing mouse click. In this case, a so-called opt-out cookie will be placed in your browser which will result in google analytics not collecting any session data whatsoever. Note: if you delete your cookies, this will result in the opt-out cookie also being deleted; you may then have to re-activate it.
The flash cookies used are not registered by your browser, but rather your flash plug-in. These store the required data independently of the browser used by you and do not have any automatic expiry date. If you do not want any processing of flash cookies, you have to install an appropriate add-on, e.g. "Better Privacy" of Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe-Flash-Killer cookie for Google Chrome.
- This stored information will be saved by us separately from any additional data that may be provided to us. In particular, the cookie data will not be linked to your additional data.
Using the functions of our website
- In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you may use if you are interested. For these, you generally have to provide additional personal data, which we then use to render the respective service. If additional voluntary information is possible, this is labelled accordingly.
- When you contact the service provider by e-mail or using the contact form, your e-mail address and, if you state such, your name and telephone number will be saved by us to answer your questions
- When you register an account at www.medzig.com, you agree to receive standard e-mails from us on features of the website, information or products from the provider.
Disclosure of data to third parties
- We can disclose your personal data to third parties if participation in campaigns, contests, bookings or conclusions of agreements are offered by us jointly with a third provider. In this case, we shall separately notify you prior to your data being transmitted to third parties.
- ) At times we make use of external service providers to process your data. These are carefully selected and commissioned by us in writing. They are bound by our instructions and are checked and controlled by us on a regular basis. The service providers do not disclose this data to third parties.
Use of our platform
- If you would like to use our portal, you have to register by stating your e-mail address, a password which you select yourself and a user name which you may freely select. lt is mandatory for a clear name to be used. For registration we use the so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e. your registration is only completed when you have first confirmed your registration by clicking on a link contained in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose. If you do not quickly receive confirmation of such, the registration is automatically deleted from our database.
- When you use our portal, we save your data required for fulfilment of the Agreement, including information on the mode of payment. We furthermore save the data which you voluntarily provide for the period in which you use the portal if you do not first delete this. You can administrate and change all information with the exception of your username in the protected customer area.
- The connection is encrypted using SSL technology in order to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data, in particular financial data.
Online data protection of children
We do not collect any information on children under 13 years of age in conformity with the “Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act” (COPPA).
If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is a minor, you may use our website on behalf of the child. All information on the minor which you state during the use of our service on our website shall be treated as personal data.
Changes in this Data Protection Declaration
We undertake changes to this Data Protection Declaration from time to time. In the event that changes are made, we shall inform you about such changes via our website or by sending you an e-mail or another notice.